Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dining Room Reno

Our dining room is finally complete.  This room has been ever evolving - almost since the first day we moved into the house.  The dining room was painted last April and the crown moulding installed then.  Matt finished the hutch for my anniversary gift last May.  My lovely table was made with love over Thanksgiving weekend by Matt and his dad.  The plates on the wall have been collected over time.  It's nice to finally have the room feel complete!

the before and after shot

I love this table!  I found the base of the table at a local thrift store last spring and then Matt and his dad put the top on it over Thanksgiving weekend.  We had four chairs from our old table that Matt painted for me and then I found two more chairs at the thrift store so that we can have 6 chairs around the table.  We daily put this table to good use and it's super nice to have a table that you can fit 10 people around if need be!

this little alcove was like a little treat to decorate!

Sully and I have spent our fair share of time at local thrift stores checking out their plate selection



our completed to do list..

- paint walls
- install crown moulding
- instal new baseboards and casing
- find a hutch or buffet to fit into wall alcove
- build table
- paint chairs
- decorate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

“Our dining room is finally complete.” – Congratulations! It’s not an easy journey but the important thing is it’s done and you’re loving the result. I’m sure you'll all have a wonderful time here.

Arthur @ ContractorExpress.com