Sunday, August 7, 2011

Calgary Stampede

During the week we were home in Didsbury the Morgan clan decided to check out the Calgary Stampede. Mom and Dad had been before, but for all of us kids, it was our first time and it was a GREAT time!

Pre-Stampede (we borrowed the hats so we would look like we belonged!)
Welcome to the Stampede!
If you look closely to the left of the pic you will see a large human canon - we watched a man launch himself out of that sucker....very strange.
Becca can now check 'picture with 2 RCMP' off her bucket list:)
"Morgan" very fitting
yup - I'm just up to my elbow in a cow's butt palpating it's unborn calf - no big deal
Nathan riding a torpedo - no big deal
Nathan and I on our first ride of the day
there we are WAY up there - very fun ride - I highly recommend it!
Dad and Becca
Mom and me - mom's not a big rides rider - I took her on the swings
we are way up there - mom was white knuckling it the entire ride:)
doesn't matter if your nervous during the ride - you just have to look hard core when the ride is over:)
Matt and Nathan pumped for the Ring of Fire
they are at the very front
Bumper Cars!
dad was a menace
so much fun was had!
we ended the evening in the grandstand - we watched the Chuck Wagon Race Finals
trying to pretend like we know anything about that sport
Becca and I sporting our borrowed hats:)
the Grandstand Show was AMAZING and the fireworks OUTSTANDING! Calgary knows how to put on a show!
Another GREAT day!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Sandell said...

Oh my goodness!!! That looks like too much fun!! Especially the cowgirl hats!! I am definitely going to wear one everyday in Oklahoma after seeing how good you guys look in them.