Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mommy Son Date

I am a firm believer in mommy's dating their sons (and daddy's dating their daughters).  Growing up my dad "dated" me - most of our dates ended with us eating Arby's (my choice).  Many discussions were had as we shared our roast beef sandwiches together.  My dad taught me how a man should treat a woman - opening doors for her - walking on the street side of her - buying her flowers for special occasions and the list could go on!  I knew that I was special and loved - that I was a daughter of both him, but also of the King!  

Having boys I get the honor of "dating" them.  I am privileged to be their first dates - to teach them how to treat a woman and how in turn a woman should treat them.  This past week I took Sully on his first real date.  He picked out what he wanted to eat and picked our table.  We discussed some important topics to a two and a half year old - things like how cool garbage trucks are and all the different power tools he knows the name of.  


We had a fun time - just the two of us - spending quality, intentional time together.  I look forward to many more dates.  A quote I read recently, 
"A man who treats his woman like a princess is a proof that he has been born and raised in the arms of a queen."  
And for those princess's I am praying!  

No comments: