Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cake Pops!

I had a 'happy adoption' shower to attend Monday night and thought that I would attempt Bakerella's (www.bakerella.com) famous Cake Pops!

Here are the ingredients...
Step #1 - Bake a cake
Step #2 - crumble the cake and add icing - stir together and make into small balls and refrigerate (sorry no pics of the ball making - my hands were covered in cake)
Step #3 - melt chocoalte and dip lollipop sticks into chocolate and make into cake balls
Step #4, 5 & 6 - dip cake pop into chocolate and place into syrofoam piece to dry (I skipped buying the syrofoam and it was a big mistake - notice how my cake balls have flat tops!)
- I sprinkled milk chocolate over white chocolate - you could also add sprinkles, nuts etc
- cover cake pop with little bag and tie with ribbon
There you have it - the completed cake pops ready to go!



3 comments:

Darcy said...

Love them SJ! Were they easy to make? I want to attempt them but have been scared to.

Susanna said...

Those are great!!! I still remember that day up in the volunteer flat at Suubi when we were all drooling over these! Great memories! Love ya and miss ya!

Jess said...

You really did make them! i bet they were yummy... I also was wondering if it was hard...