Saturday, August 21, 2010

African Haircuts!

God blessed me with VERY thick hair. Not only is it thick as in I have a lot of it, but it is thick as in every single strand of hair is course! So you can image what happened to my hair in humid, hot Uganda. I lasted five long months without a cut, but eventually I got to the point where I just could not take it anymore - it was so hot and my hair was sooo thick - things got nasty! So I got a hair cut and as you can see below I got it "thinned/layered." Needless to say at the time I did not really care what it looked like as much as I cared that there was less hair on my head and I was cooler!
Since my African haircut I have been trying to grow out my hair in order to grow out my much loved African cut and after four months my wonderful stylist was finally able to cut it all out! YAAAA for smooth, thinned hair!

No comments: