Saturday, February 21, 2015

Rumpus Room Built Ins

Well we haven't done any big renos for awhile...so why not start another room...three weeks after we have a baby - yes we are crazy :)

Our room of choice...the rumpus room in the basement.  Here it is "before" (well not really before - we have already patched the walls in these photos but you get the point)

Our basement is quite cool and so we had wanted to install a fireplace to warm the place up.  Around the fireplace I wanted built in bookshelves with cupboards on the bottom to hide toys.  I told Matt about my dreams for the room and he did a little sketch for me :)

Next came the cutting and priming


and assembly


the install

building the fireplace

fitting the mantel

making things pretty

the sexy mantle!!!

painting

the guys with the (almost) finished product - I love it!!! 

No comments: