Thursday, July 14, 2011

Good-bye Friend...

My roomie from college is moving across the US from Seattle to Chicago where her hubby will be attending Wheaton. Ruthie and I have been fortunate enough to live within two hours of each other for the majority of our time post university - we have gotten together a couple times a year which has been such a treat! Our times visiting each other will be a little more spaced out now - we are going to miss the Cairns, but are excited for this new chapter of life for them!

Last week, Ruthie and I got together for one more afternoon together in Fairhaven - we painted pottery while we shared about life and solved the world's problems.

The finished product...
As my good friend Michael says..."Friends are friends forever if the Lords a Lord of them and a friend will not say never and the welcome will not end. Though it's hard to let you go in the father's hand we know that a lifetimes not to long to live as friends!"

Safe journey Thomas and Ruth - know that you are loved and will be missed!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

oh, I am so bummed I missed this last bham date. . . especially with how darn cute your mugs are! SJ I thinks its time to start planning a trip to the good ol' midwest :)