Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just Another Week at the Office

All in all we have had a fairly uneventful week. We are still loving having our own little apartment here at Suubi. The babies home has kept me busy over the past week. Everything is slowly coming together. I never know what I’m going to get when I walk into the building in the morning…makes for interesting days☺ The building continues to be worked on, the more I walk through the better is it looking, give it six months and it will look great!

The babies are doing well. I have a cute crew out here! Toddlers are such a different world for me. I love the toddlers but am finding myself really missing my prems!!! I like toddlers, but I have found that I am passionate about premature babies…weird I know, but also nice to solidify my job choice☺ I find myself getting phone calls from town about new sick babies or prems and being slightly jealous that I’m not there to care for them. But back at the home front, I really do have a lovely group of kids and nannies and all is well at Suubi Babies Home!

Matt remains busy making cabinets for the babies home – they look beautiful! He also has a found a new opportunity to coach a little volleyball while we are over here. He met today with Coach Ken and he will start next Saturday with practice. The boys he will be coaching are middle school aged. He is very excited about getting to play a little volleyball again!

Side note for those of you who know Meg…she reached 3 kg this past week!!! She has quadrupled her birth weight in 4 months! Feel free to have a party in her honor!

Blessings to you all!

No comments: