Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25, 2009 - Celebrate Good Times. Come on!

Two months till Christmas!!! Just in case anyone is counting☺

We have been blessed to have a group of 9 strangers now friends at the guest house. We have had many good times of fellowship together. It’s almost like we are one big family since we live under one roof and eat all or meals together! There have also been plenty of Dutch Blitz games played – love it!

Two weeks ago I celebrated my 25th birthday. One quarter of a century done! It was a memorable one. Matt and I went out on our first ‘date’ since we have been in Uganda. We went to a wonderful Italian restaurant called Mamba Point. The ambiance and the food were both fantastic!!! We both had entrees and then shared a chocolate fondue for dessert, mmmmmm!!! My actual birthday was a workday. Matt left at 6 in the morning and when I woke up my present awaited me. When I got to work at about noon, a beautiful bouquet of calalilly’s was delivered. The calalilly’s here are huge and beautiful!!! For supper Matt bought all of the ingredients and had our cook make sweet and sour pork, one of my favorite meals of all time! For dessert the girls at the guesthouse had a cake! I finished the evening off with phone calls from home from both sets of parents – a great day indeed!

Lots of moving around has happened at the babies home. A group of toddlers graduated out to the village this past week and thus everybody moved up to the next room. So…three of my babies graduated up to the monkey’s room (3-6 month room) and we gained 4 new babies in the prem room. Twins and a singleton from Gulu (northern Uganda) and then another prem named John who is just over a kg. Meg continues to do so well – praise the Lord. Her current weight is 940 grams! She is doing so well! I have enjoyed having another NICU nurse here for the past couple of weeks! It has been so nice to have someone to talk preemies with☺

Over the past two weeks myself along with 4 other nurses have completed a babies home clinic. We ran all the babies through full physicals. We noted current and potential problems. I will closely follow up on some of the babies.

Yesterday Watoto church held a baby dedication for babies from Bulrushes. I had the privilege of dedicating Zara to God. There were about 15 babies in total. Zara looked beautiful in her little dress. She was a good girl, no crying or vomiting during the whole dedication. It was fun to have her in church. I think that during the worship time she experienced a stimulation overload with many new sights and sounds. She was staring with wide eyes. She was exhausted by the time we got home. She is a special girl!

Matt had a busy week at work, working long hard days. This past week he finished the timber kiln finally and is excited to see if it works as well in reality as it does in theory. It was a hot week and working outside next to this solar powered kiln made for very HOT days for him! Another project that Matt worked on this week was an oval dining room table. This is the first oval table that the production unit has ever made.

Until next week…

No comments: