Monday, December 22, 2008

Grouse Mountain

Matt and I have been waiting for weeks to head up to Grouse Mountain to have a fun filled Christmas day with horse drawn sleigh rides, ice skating, beautiful views, Santa's workshop etc etc...let's just say the advertising sure beat the actual event...ask me about it - I would love to share more!  Behind me is a picture of the skating rink - VERY SMALL and no one could skate on it - also if you look closely you can see an area of ice that is coned off because of melting - oh BC people trying to participate in Prairie activities:)
This tree was apart of the 'Parade of Trees' (note: not a parade AT ALL!) - Matt liked it - it was decorated by Home Depot.
The redeeming part of the day was that we got to see our very first reindeer!!!  Did you know that these animals can pull a sleigh at 50km/hr!?!  They were much shorter than I thought - this is Dancer in the picture below!

No comments: